Monday, June 9, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love chocolate chip cookies and the other day I was in the mood for some, so I took a look at my trustly cookbook to find a recipe that I had not made in a while. A friend from our old ward gave us this recipe and it is so yummy. The cookies have a crispt outside and a chewy middle and the dough is not too bad either. Nate is more of a sugar, gingerbread, snickerdoodle cookie person, but he loved these cookies. I meant to take a picture of the cookies for you to see, but we ate them all before that could happen... So here it is if anyone wants to try it out.

2 1/8 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup (1 and 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg and 1 yoke
1 cup chocolate chips (1/2 of 12oz pkg)

Mix all together and bake at 350 for 11-15 minutes oruntil lightly golden

5 comments:

Marilee said...

I am sure they were great. Everything you or Nate make is so yummy! Did you dunk in "ICE COLD" milk?

Kristin said...

Thanks for the recipe, we will be trying it soon. The monkey bread recipe you sent years ago is still a favorite of ours.

Janelle said...

I made these yesterday... delish!

Greedy Kristian said...

Hey....I found your blog off the BHS reunion website. It's your old pal Kristin G. So good to see you are doing well. Your little boy is adorable. I'll be back to check out the blog.

Sheila said...

We made 'em and ate 'em. Great recipe. I love how they stay chewy inside for more than one day.