Friday, January 29, 2010

The Big "30"

So I have left my 20's and entered the next phase. I am fine with it, but it just seems so weird that I am 30! Anyway, I was spoiled rotten from Nate and Carter. I woke up to a yummy breakfast in bed and then a homemade card that gave me direction to do for the day. I was to just relax and do what I wanted for the morning. I received another card around 10 saying that I needed to pack our bags for one night. I got another card around noon saying I was going to lunch at my favorite place, Wildflower. We had a yummy lunch and then my next card said our destination was not far. Nate had gotten us a night in a Villa at one of the local resorts, Arizona Grand Resort. It was beautiful and we had a perfect view and great weather. They have a pretty cool water park on site, but it did not open for 2 more weeks, so we enjoyed the heated pools. Carter loved swimming and did not want to get out of the pool even though he was freezing cold.

My next card said I was to be pampered and to go to the Spa. Nate set up a Organic Pedicure for me. I was in heaven. My feet were so happy and I have cute purple toenails now. Carter did not get much of a nap, so when I got back from my pedicure, he had fallen over asleep on the bed. It was so cute.

My next 2 cards, one from Carter and one from Nate. Carter colored it and made it so cute. He gave me a professional House cleaning for Feb 1. I am super excited about that. Then I opened Nate's present. He had gotten one of my favorite pictures blown up huge and printed on canvas. It looks like a painting. It is so cool. I am so lucky to have such good guys in my life. We went to dinner and then had yummy cookies, popcorn and root beer while we watched a movie.

In the morning I got some of the biggest and best pancakes I have had, went on a fun hike and just enjoyed the relaxation and beautiful area. It was a great birthday and I am glad I was able to spend it with my boys.




Here's to my "30's"

6 comments:

Janelle said...

That has got to be the best 24 hours of your life! It sounds really relaxing and incredible! I'm glad you were spoiled rotten! p.s. You look adorable with your little belly!

Kristin said...

Aww that sounds AMAZING!!!! What a great way to celebrate your birthday!! Happy Birthday!

Aimee said...

Nate spoiled you again. Looks like a lot of fun. I want a pedicure .... that sounds nice. What a fun way to celebrate your big "3-0"!

Mike said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had fun. Good job Nate making it a special day!

Marilee said...

I have tried for two days to leave a message and this computer doesn't agree with my plans. Your big 30 day sounds like so much fun. Nothing better than being with your favorite men!!!!!!
Happy 30th Birthday!

Becca said...

Happy Birthday! And congrats on the girl. So fun.