This little story has it's ups and downs, but mostly ups. Yesterday we got our hands on a big dishwasher box and Nate's first thought was "Carter and I can have fun with that"! So we packed it in the car and headed home. To make sure the dish washer does not move around in the box there are these super strong cardboard sticks that they stick in all the corners. We brought those too. So after daddy got done with work around 5pm, Carter and daddy headed to Ace Hardware to get some supplies to make a fort and swords with our new found treasure. I was at home getting dinner together when I heard the garage open - They were home!!
(Here is the down part) Nate walked in holding Carter and said the me that they needed "Nurse Nancy". I looked up and my poor little Carter had a bloody chin. I did not want to freak out, so calmly asked what happened. Carter had tripped and fell square into a corner of a low shelf. You could see the mark of the "L" on his chin that the shelf left. The corner part hit pretty hard and we questioned if he needed stitches. We took him into our room to clean up. He was so brave and let me wash it up and get a Spider Man Band aid on. He will have a nice bruise and hopefully wont scare too bad.
Once we were done doctoring him up he was ready to play with daddy. They spent the rest of the evening using tools and constructing the coolest box fort and "Sword Fights" I have ever seen. It has 2 windows and a door, sword holders inside and out, a door knob with key hold and lock and even a light
(my idea). Daddy is going on a scout camp out this weekend, so Carter and I will have to spend some time decorating a bit.


Using his real key



We have all spent lots of time in his Fort with him and that is the first thing he asked about when he woke up today. I am so thankful to have a fun and creative husband that does this kind of stuff with our kids. It is things like this that they will remember.
I realized I don't have any pictures of his chin. I will try and get one to post later.
4 comments:
What a great idea! The whole family will love this creation for a long time. Sorry about the chin!!
This is a great little activity! I remember the Vlam girls having a cool cardboard house with mailboxes and doors. It was my favorite! Nate is a great daddy, sorry about the chin!
Great fort! Tuscanee read this post with me and said, "there is my Nate and Carter!" Then she said, "where is Allie?"
Helpful hint: I have been told by medical professionals on more than one occasion that if you cannot stop bleeding on a wound after 20 minutes, you will probably need sutures. Hopefully you will never need to use it.
Post a Comment