Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Big Boy Bed

Yesterday when daddy came home from work, Carter and I were in Carter's room putting away his clothing and changing his sheets. Nate suggested that we take the front off his crib and start him in his big boy bed. Carter was a little unsure about it until he saw how cool a big boy bed was. We took the front off and Carter loved it. He just thought it was so neat that he could get in his bed on his own. We all went to the store to get a side rail for him and put it on. He was so excited to go to sleep.



This morning, I heard a door shut around 7am, so I got up to see what it was. I came back to my bed to turn off the monitor and turned around to Carter saying "Hi mom". It scared me to death. He was so excited that he got up on his own. I am sure we are going to have some early mornings with him. We have gone and looked at his "Big Boy Bed" many times today. He loves it.

4 comments:

Mike said...

He looks so cute! We're nervous to try that with Tuscanee. You'll have to give us some tips.

Marilee said...

Looks so grown-up. FREEDOM is a wonderful thing!

Janelle said...

He's just growing up so fast! The big boy bed is a great thing now that he is potty trained too! He is definitely a 3 year old huh..we've had Kamryn in a big girl bed I think since last June... I know we're nuts!

Aimee said...

T didn't like her big girl bed. I like her "trapped" so I have no problem with her decision. Carter sure is growing up.