Friday, May 30, 2008

Long Weekend

Well we started our Memorial Day Weekend off with giving Carter his first hair cut. We are going for the surfer look for him, but it was beginning to look like a mullet. Carter did pretty good until he realized daddy was doing something that he could not see. I was kind of sad, but Nate did an awesome job and I think if Real Estate ever gets boring to him should be come a hair dresser hehehe...




Ok, we have the before - shaggy, mullet look:


And after, the cutest little boy in the world look:




Growing up, on Memorial Day, our family would always go over to the Homers to help welcome in the summer with swimming and a BBQ. I cant remember a Memorial Day that it was not raining, so it was nice to have blue sunny Sky's on our little MD party. The water was still a bit cold for Carter, but he loved splashing around and watching the dogs swim.

After swimming (and Naps) we headed out to get things for Nate's backpacking trip and then got some yummy BBQ to go from Famous Dave and ventured over to the funnest park in the world. It has a huge covered play area, a Dino dig, rock climbing wall, swings, little roads for kids to ride their bikes on and tons of picnic tables. We ate our picnic dinner and then ventured over to the swings for Carter to try. He loved it, but was more interested in the kids around him than what he was doing.

6 comments:

Marilee said...

I am glad to see the swings were NOT burning up from the sun, like when we were there for Carter's birthday. It is a really cute park. The UTAH family members would have fun with their kiddies.

Mike said...

Tuscanee loved watching the video of her cousin swinging! He looked like he was having lots of fun.

Janelle said...

I love that he got his first hair cut by his dada... it looks so cute and mature! What a cool idea to have a covered playground, especially in Arizona.. I wonder if we have any of those in Tucson, it makes sense, avoid sun damage and burns to little ones from the equipment. Fun weekend for you guys.

Aimee said...

Carter looks like he is having fun on those swings. Too bad they were TOO hot when we were there.

Keith said...

Carter is sooo cute! I loved the swimming pictures with the cool hair.

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

Yeah! I'm glad you're blogging! Carter is darling, and the hair cut turned out soooo cute! Way to go Nate!