The brain and the learning process is so amazing to me. I watched Carter do so many firsts today that it just amazes me on what he picks up on and follows. I have been teaching him a few signs like, eat, more, and all done when we are doing things, and i never thought he was catching on to it. Carter is an early riser (5:30-6:00) and Nate has been getting up with him until I get home from the gym. He is hungry and has signed "eat" to Nate letting us know he is hungry. He is definitely excited to see me when I get home. Then today we were at Costco and Carter loves Ritz crackers and after he finished his first one he signed "more". He has never done that before. And when I was getting him ready for his bath, he grabbed the wash cloth and started pretending to wash his tummy. I just amazes me on what he is paying attention on. He must have above average in thinking skills!!(hehehe-mom)
I am just having a moment of wow to what amazing creations we are and what we are able to do...


7 comments:
You better believe he has "above average thinking skills" ---- gifted and talented would be another way of saying it!!!! He is a cutie!
Do you remember what I told you on the phone ... He has one-upped Tuscanee! What a smarty pants.
Of course your child is above average! That is so cool that you are teaching him to sign. What a great Mommy you are. Oh--you and I have the same sunglasses-we are soooo cool.!
I know how it is,, I've been waiting for Kamryn to act like the lights are on in her brain, and just this past week we have seen her do things that require thinking, and I'm so excited. She responds finally to what we're doing and she is starting to do things for reactions. He is an early riser,,,sheesh
Enjoy these sweet things that he is learning now. Will comes home from school and tells Isaac he is a stupid head! It's great what they are teaching kids in school these days. I just wish he could unlearn a few things!
Good job Carter! Now can you tell him to teach Tuscanee when he sees her?
That is so fun when they really can start communicating and letting their needs known. It makes it easier too no so much guess work. I can't wait to see him in person.
Post a Comment