It was so much fun this year, because Carter is at an age were he would be discovering new things and enjoy it. Carter was not too sure of the sand at first, but once Nate sat down and played with him he decided it was OK.


He is definitely Nate's son, because he was not at all afraid of the water. He loved it so much. He would run in towards the wave and then when it would come up he would turn around and try and run up the beach. He had so much fun.

Grandma brought a fun play pool that we set up on the patio that was perfect for the kiddies to play in. Carter loved going in and out.

Everyone got a kick out of Carter talking on his pretend fish phone. Anytime he hears a phone ring or sees someone on the phone he has to do it too.

Carter did so good at trying new foods. He usually wont try new stuff or let me feed him, but he finally would eat banana, watermelon, potatoes and yogurt. He loves blueberries and was having so much fun eating his breakfast.

Carter does not get out much, which means that Nate and I don't get out much. So we were so excited when Grandma and Grandpa said they would babysit. We went to dinner and a movie one night and then Nate and I went deep sea fishing one day. Carter did so well and didn't even think once that mom and dad was not there. He was having so much fun with everyone. Thanks again Grandma, Grandpa, Ruth, Pat and Parker for watching and entertaining Carter while Nate and I went out.




Nate and I always take the kayak out and kayak into Dana Harbor. It is always so stressful for me to take it out and back in because you have to time the waves right or you get clobbered. I was not in the mood to do it this year, so Nate took it out and fished. He had fun, but did not catch anything.

Nate and I have always gone deep sea fishing when we are at the beach, but his year he knew his nephews Parker and Taylor would have so much fun, so Nate, Pat and the boys went fishing and Carter and I played at the beach house. They left at 5:30am and fished until 11am. Parker and Taylor caught a lot of fish and each caught a keeper Bass. On the boat, each of the fisherman have the option to put money into a Jackpot and who ever catches the biggest fish of the trip gets the entire jackpot. Nate was pretty excited, because he caught a pretty big snapper and thought he had a good chance to get the jackpot. About 5 minutes before the captain said to pull up the lines and time to head back, Nate hooked something. It took some time to get it up and the had to pull it up in the net. He hooked a halibut and it was big. For some reason the boat did not have a scale on it, so the captain just looked at it and said it looked like it was about 14 pounds. Of course Nate says it weighs much more, but it was big enough to win him the jackpot. As well as the number one spot on the biggest fish of the week. He will win some sunglasses if he wins that one. That night we enjoyed yummy Sand bass, Calico Bass and Halibut.
Nate had so much fun that he and I went 3 days later. We had a bet between us. If I had the biggest fish then Nate would have to clean all the bathrooms, and if he had the biggest fish I would have to mow and edge the lawn and pull the weeds. Needless to say, I will be pulling weeds this weekend. I did, however catch the most fish and the biggest variety of fish. We had a fun time.



Another thing we love to do is go sea glass hunting. This is best done when the tide is low (morning and evening) so you can walk along the shore line and see if the high tide left and pieces. The year we did not find as many as we usually do, but we found some really good ones. We also were able to watch a school of dolphins(10-15) play50-100 feet of the shore. They were doing flips in the air and surfacing the water. It was so cool.

We also always go to San Clemente and walk the pier, watch the surfers, and usually eat at the "Fisherman's Wharf". Carter walked the entire peer and loved it.



We did not do as much body boarding, surfing or playing in the ocean this year, but we still had so much fun. We always venture up to Laguna Beach and Newport Beach to shop. eat at our favorite restaurant and get the best donut ever. We had so much fun with the family and was so glad we were able to spend a little time with everyone. We love the beach and are so glad that we were able to go.





6 comments:
Go Girl! That was the longest post ever, but very informative and fun to read. You guys have a lot of fun traditions on this trip. The glass things looked really neat.... do you keep them all in a really cool glass bowl in the house?? It'd be pretty. Carter is doing such a good job walking... Kamryn's almost there.. she takes about 4 steps then falls down. The fish looked crazy,,, i've never caught anything like that.. I can't even remember the last time I went fishing in fact. I would love a good beach trip...(jealous) Glad you're back to the blogging world,,, missed ya.
The trip to Cali looked like so much fun! We want to join you on a Cali trip soon!!! I miss Carter so much. We want to come see you soon. I can't wait to get Tuscanee and Carter together. I love the pics of Carter. My favorite picture Carter walking down the pier. Love his shoes ... where did you find them? Reading about the fishing trip reminded me of "OUR" trip. I think Nate and I need to fish again soon.
Great trip and Carter is growing up too fast!!!! I loved the pictures of Nate and his darling son.
It is so fun to learn more about you! We need to get together more with the fam!
Nate & Cindi -
What a cute little family you are! It's so fun to see all these pictures - what a fun trip! Carter just looks like a little man with all that hair and those precious blue eyes... what a cutie! Are little boys so much fun, or what? Glad to see you're doing great and so happy!
-Michelle (Fuller) Hansen
p.s. It's fun to see those pictures of Rick and Joan - I grew up down the street from them... they're great!
That looks like such a great vacation! We love the beach too. We know the donut shop you are talking about in Newport and it is the best donut. We would go there every day when we were in Newport.
Post a Comment