Saturday, February 21, 2009

He doesn't need his mommy any more...

So yesterday we went out to the park to play. We always have to take a ball and usually the bat or through stick. Lately he has been wearing a hat too, which is so cute. Anyway, we are usually the only ones out so we will play in the grass area with the ball and then head over to the playground. Yesterday their were kids playing at the playground, so carter wanted to head straight over to play with them. There was a little girl around 3 or 4 and a boy around a year. Carter kind of did his own thing for a while and then started watching what the little girl was doing. Carter has not liked the slide lately, but the little girl was going up and down the slide. So Carter ventured over. Carter does pretty good on the play ground, but I am always right there to help him with the big steps or make sure he does not fall. We climbed up the stairs and then Carter started to sit to go down the slide. I ran down to the end to catch him. We did this twice and after the second time I caught him he wiggled to get down. He grabbed my hand and walked me over to the bench and pointed for me to sit down. He did not want me helping him. So I sat on the bench. He kept looking back at me to make sure I was still sitting. He went up and down probably 20 times all by himself. He was so proud of himself. He does not talk much, but he sure know what he wants. I am proud of him too.


4 comments:

Aimee said...

Carter will ALWAYS need his Mommy! I laughed out loud when I read the part about Carter taking your hand and leading you to the bench. How funny! I would have been so sad if Tuscanee did that to me. I know she will one of these days .... Car-Car is growing up so fast. What a cutie-pie!

Marilee said...

Where is your little boy????? He is becoming an independent guy. Of course, he is the best, because he was gentle with you as he put you in your place.

Janelle said...

That's so funny... see mommy, I am growing up,,, is what he is thinking. They're just changing!

Grandma H. said...

What a story. I loved it. Does he not know that everybody needs their mommy? Cindi, did you feel like crying?????