
Friday, August 21, 2009
Bye Deedle Deedle De
We Carter is officially with out his Deedle Deedle De (Binkie). He loved it but we decided he really did not need it any more and his mouth and teeth would be better off without it. We waited for all our traveling to be over and then I tried to do what my sister did by cutting up the binki and then saying it is broken and we have to throw it away. When I told him that is said ok, but then broke down in tears and absolutely sobbed. I couldn't do it. I told him it was ok and we fixed Deedle Deedle De. The next night I just poked a few holes in it so it did not have its comfort anymore and let him go a few days with that. He definitely noticed a difference, and he had a little bit of trouble falling asleep, but we just let him figure it out. Then I cut the tip off and let him us that for a few days. I walked in about 3 days after i clipped the tip and it was on the floor, so I grabbed it without him noticing and it is gone. NO MORE DEEDLE DEEDLE DE. He has asked about it a few times and we just say it is gone and he is fine. I will miss him saying it, but it is nice to be done. Yippee for Carter!!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
He is so peaceful with it in his mouth! I hope that continues without it in his mouth!!!!
What a great strategy for removal, not so traumatic. My children never liked binkies so we didn't have to deal with all that.
Good job Carter! We're excited to see all of you next month.
I am going to miss Carter saying, "Deedledeelee". Good job Carter and Ci-Ci.
I hope you got him recorded saying his little binky word. How funny he came up with that one.
Well, we are officially binky free as well. It just took a few nights, and they haven't mentioned them since. Phew!
Post a Comment