Ok, I have another recipe for you. Nate loves food and is always searching for the "best" of everything. I found a Baked Bean recipe and thought I would try it out to see if it could be added to Nate's "BEST" list. They made the list. The recipe actually comes from my old ward (9th) favorites cookbook which many of you have so (page 155) you may have made it. We made a few adjustments to it though. Nate loves - I mean LOVES - brown sugar, so we added some extra of that and thought it needed some extra bacon stirred in after it is cooked for a bit of texture and crunch. If you try it out for your next BBQ let me know your thoughts. ENJOY!
1 large can pork and beans ( I used 31oz can)
1 large onion (I used 1/2 onion), chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 cup chili sauce
1/4 lb bacon, cooked and diced (reserve some for serving)
2 TBS mustard (I used spicy brown)
1/2 cup brown sugar ( I probably did 3/4 to a cup)
Mix all together. Bake at 350, uncovered for 1 hour.
After an our we tested it and it was not quite to Nate's liking, so we put it back in for about 10-15 minutes longer and tuned up the temp to 400. It did burn on to the edge of the dish, but was quite tasty.
Sorry I dont have a picture, I will remember next time!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sheila made good ones tonight, I don't know her recipe, she'll have to blog about it.
Post a Comment