We have lived in AZ for almost 6 years and have finally taken advantage of the beauty that lies only 4 hours away. Yes it does come with its precautions, but overall not as "scary" as I thought it would be. Nate's fly fishing club was doing their monthly fishing outing in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Mexico. It is located on the Western coast line of Mexico. I was a little nervous with taking Carter, but had heard from everyone else that has gone, that I had nothing to worry about. We really had no problems, however driving was interesting. You definitely have to be watching or you will miss the tiny stop signs (ALTO) or damage your car on the giant speed bumps. We definitely watched our speed limit too, because we did not want to have any problems with the law.
Anyway, we stayed in a nice condo at the Sonoran Sky resort. People own each individual condo and just rent it out. Ours was decorated nicely and quite child proof. We were on the 9th floor and had a great view of everything. Thursday night we drove through town to go and find Nate's fishing buddies that were staying at an RV/Camping ground across the point. I am really glad we were in a resort. Nate would be driving to meet them early on Friday and Sat, so I was praying he would remember which way to go. They did not have to many street signs and was quite easy to get lost.
So Friday morning Nate got up early at 5:30 to get ready to leave and guess who else thought it was time to get up? So Carter and I waved good bye to daddy and then tried to fall asleep watching some cartoons. That just made him more excited and clap and giggle. So we ate breakfast and headed out to the beach. Carter had his shovel and bucket in hand ready to play. We had fun walking the beach and looking at random rocks, sea shells and tied pools. Everyone walking bye just thought he was so cute. The water was shallow on the long shoreline, so when the tied would go out, it really went out. So we had plenty of beach to play and walk on. Since Carter got up so early he got tired pretty fast. I put him down for a nap and then was able to read and do somethings that I have been needed to get down. It was nice. After lunch we headed to the pool and swam until we got pruny. The resort had 3 big pools, a water slide and 3 hot tubs. We loved the pool that had the negative edge. It was so pretty.
When Nate got back he did not have the happiest look on his face. He had a good time and caught some fish, but on his first cast out he got a snag and broke the rod in half and it was not his rod. So he had to paddle back to shore (while the tide was going out) and get his rod and then paddle back out just in time to ride the tide back in. So frustrating.
Here are some of his fishies!
When Carter got up, we headed out to the beach for a family walk and pool play. Pretty much this is what we did each day. The only things that we did not do this time that Nate wants to do next time is go to the fish market or got a taco from a taco stand. The only thing that we bought was some Tortillas from a little girl at the border. He had a fun time.
This is our nice kitchen
There was a wall of windows that opened up so you just had a big opening out to the patio. It was great!
This is the view from our room of the town and the Point!
Carter does not like to wear hats, so this was so cute to see him walking around in his hat. It only lasted like 2 mins.
Don't Drink the Water!!!
Carter and Nate's footsteps in the sand
This trip was very fun, relaxing and beautiful. It did make me thankful for all my blessings, for all I have and for growing up where I did.


8 comments:
There are so many frame worthy pictures from your trip! I love the ones of you guys in the pool? the smooth water...
I know exactly what you are talking about. We drove through some real shady areas near the rail road tracks, it's depressing that people live in such shambles. And the people trying to sell every trinket at the border....
I'm glad you finally got down there, it's not too far and it's beautiful. I love the beach in the morning because there's great places for the babies to sit and play. Great Trip, and weird fishies.
WOW! Great pictures. It looks like Carter enjoys wandering outside. I love his smile. Glad everyone had a great time!
Wow! What a beautiful place. Nate, I am sorry you broke your rod... that is such a frusterating experience. Did you have to end up paying for it? I agree with Janelle, you have some beautiful pictures. I love the sunset pictures and the pics in the infinity pool.
Really great pictures. We are thinking of visiting Janelle over Christmas break and heading into Mexico. How did you find your condo to rent?
Those are GREAT pictures... I've never been to rockypoint.. looks pretty fun and only 4 hours away!!
Looks like another fun trip for the Greens.
Cindi- This is Meg (Burbidge) McInnes. I love reading your blog. It is great to hear how things are going with you. I am glad you had fun in Mexico. It is one of my favorite places. Although I have never brought my children, Mexico is where Mommy and Daddy go on vacation :) Keep in touch!
OMGosh, we LOVE puerto penasco! We've been a couple times and just LOVE it! We stay in some condos right on the beach and we love to eat the fresh tamales that the ladies sell walking the beach in the mornings. Oh, I miss it! So glad you had fun. When we went we took my Dad and Marci and they wouldn't leave my side for fear of not speaking Spanish, too funny! Darling pictures! Carter is so cute for Halloween, too!
Post a Comment