Monday, February 9, 2009

I DID IT!!!

I surprised Nate this weekend with a night out, just us. I got a babysitter!! I have been fretting over this idea for a long time. I just dont know any of the girls in our ward or neighborhood so I was having a hard time knowing who I could trust. I hate the idea of some person I really don't know being in my house taking care of my child. You just dont know and that scares me. I think the hardest part was making the phone call, but the family was so nice and comforted me in knowing that all would be ok. When she came over, I thought Carter would be a little hesitant to say hi, but he immediately warmed up to her and grabbed her hand to go play. I wanted to keep our date simple and close just in case, so we just did a quick dinner and movie. It was fun to go out and enjoy US time. We came home and she said that he was so much fun and easy. He cried a little when we left, but got over it quick.

I dont know if we will be regular at getting a babysitter, but at least I know now I have a family I can call on as well as that I CAN DO IT!!!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I am proud of you Cindi loo hoo. I bet that phone call was hard to make but now you know you can do it. I am sure that Nate apprecitated a night out!

Marilee said...

That was always the hardest thing for me to do! My darlings either went with us, or we all stayed home.

Kristin said...

aww good for you! I still haven't left Ben with anyone besides family!! You need to fill me in on who you used!

Janelle said...

I am SOOO proud of you. We have not had anyone with our kids besides our neighbors and family. I guess that means I haven't had to call any teenager up yet....But I'm glad you got out and did something fun.