She became Nate little buddy and best pal from day 1. She has been every where with us and has done everything with us. She wasn't the easiest of dogs and pretty much got herself into everything. Chewed flip flops, scriptures, pillows, ate commission checks, sprinkler systems, landscape lighting, and dumped the garbage countless times. Despite all that, she really is a good dog and we love her.

She is now 6 and has her own unique personality. She is a protector and very loyal. Sage was not too happy when Carter came into our lives, because she realized that this little thing was stilling Nate's attention from her. It took some time, but they have fun together now. Carter chases her around the house and sage usually snatches Carters food that falls of the tray.
About 2 weeks ago we found out that Sage has Cancer. In November we found a lump on her back and chest, but didn't think anything of it, because she was acting normal. Then we found more bumps so we took her in to get checked out. We know the cancer is Hemangiosarcoma, what we don't know is if it is just in her skin or also in her organs. We think she might have both. She is on some medication for the next 2 weeks to see how she reacts to it. When Nate called to tell me, I started crying. It is amazing how much a part of our family our dogs are and I just pray that she wont have to suffer.


I think our other dog, Allie, knows that something is going on. She has always had Sage around and I think it will be hard on her if Sage gets sick.



Sage loves tennis balls, swimming, going to the parks, Lake Powell and especially Nate. She is always the first to welcome him home. We love Sage and hope she will be with us for a while.




6 comments:
Cindi, Nate, Carter,
I'm so sorry to hear about Sage. I was hoping this post was just about her birthday, or being 6 or something.. I don't like people or animals suffering. I am thinking of you guys and your puppies... It's no fun. Love you.
The second I saw the title of this post I got tears in my eyes. I have grown to love Sagers and we pray every night that she will not suffer. That makes me more sad is that you can't tell Sage what is going on with her. Hopefully she can understand somehow. Give Sagers a big love from us!
Even though we don't see her on a regular basis, Sage has always felt like a part of our family. We love that both dogs get so excited to see us when you are here (or we are there). Like Aimee said, we pray for Sage every day. I'm glad she isn't in pain.
P.S. Tuscanee loves this post because there are so many "puppy" pictures!
Ok, folks, I can't see to type, because I am crying. Yes, ME, the woman who pretends not to like the 'puppies' and I am CRYING! I hope she doesn't suffer, and that the doctor can find a way to help her survive. I love you Sage!!! The post was great---loved seeing her as a puppy and then grown up.
Well Marilee, join the group. YOu know how I feel about dogs, too, and now the tears are running down my cheeks and I am about ready to lose control. I do not know Sage but he is a part of our extended family. Family is family.
I'm sorry to hear that about your dog. I remember when you sent out pictures of your new puppy- she's a pretty dog.
Post a Comment