Monday, March 9, 2009

Good Bye Sweet Sage


This past weekend Saggie has gone down hill. I cant believe how fast it came on. She was walking fine and even went Hiking and camping with Nate on Friday and by this morning she has lost all ability to move her back legs. Last night we made her an extra special dinner of Filet Mignon and salmon. She was in heaven and it was so nice to see a smile on her face during this hard time. Nate and I have spent a lot of time just sitting with her outside and we sure hope that she knows we love her.

This morning we took her in and said our good byes and watched as she took her last breath. I dont know where dogs go after this life, but I hope she is running around in an endless field with all the tennis balls in the world for her to chase after and lots of beautiful lakes to swim in. Sage has been a huge part of our family for the past 5 1/2 years and we are going to greatly miss her.




8 comments:

Marilee said...

This was a nice post and a final goodbye to Sage. She was a wonderful dog, family member and tennis ball chaser! She will be missed by me!

Aimee said...

What a wonderful tribute to Sagers! We had a hard time saying goodbye but we are SO happy that we were lucky enough to be a part of her family. We miss Sage greatly.
My favorite memory of Sage is how excited she would be when she see saw me for the first time in a while. She would bark, jump, and her tail would go crazy! I believe we will see Sage again .... what a great reunion that will be for you and Nate!
We love you and want you to know that you are in our prayers!
Goodbye sweet Sage ... I love you!

Mike said...

We really do love Sage. I know she was your dog, but she felt like part of our family too. We have lots of great memories of her. I remember her licking Aimee's barefeet while Aimee laid in the chair screaming! We love you Sage. You are all in our prayers.

Taylors said...

Oh, this is so sweet. I am sorry for your loss, and I hope that you are doing okay. You just made me want to show Chewy how much I love him too.

Janelle said...

I love you Green's!

I believe Sage is enjoying an open field too with lots of tennis balls. I'm thinking of you during this time...

Kristin said...

How sad, that post made me tear up. Was she sick or was it from old age?

Grandma H. said...

I know you all loved her. When marilee talked about how wonderful she was I knew she was special. Yes I teared up also, and this was not the first time.

Liz said...

I'm so sorry Cindi for your loss. I know how much you loved that dog. I Carter is very little but I hope he can remember his buddy.