Saturday, April 4, 2009
Always hide a key.....
So today Nate was working in the back yard on the pool. We were draining it and then putting tile up around the top. Carter and I were inside playing and eating lunch and Nate pocked his head in the sliding glass door to ask for some water and a pepcid (dust gives him heartburn). He was back in the pool working so I took it out to him and left Carter inside. He was just watching through the window. I was probably outside for a minute at the most and when I came back to the sliding glass door, I could not open it. It was locked. We have a security pin on the bottom of the door and Carter had some how pushed it into place. Probably with his foot while he was watching me outside. All of our doors and windows were locked and we did not have a key hidden anywhere. Carter had no clue what was going on. He was laughing and playing and kept telling me to open the door so that I could come in and play with him. I kept telling him to pull the pin out and he would touch it, but could not figure out how to pull it. So Nate got his drill and tried to drill in the same spot that the pin was in so we could try and push the pin out. We finally got it open after about 10 minutes. We removed the pin, filled the hole with insulation foam and went and got a extra key made. I was glad that Nate was home, because I would have had to break a window or something. The best part was that Carter had no clue and thought it was fun we were on the outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That was a scary experience11 We have an extra key on the outside
if anyone is interested......
How scary! Were you dying when you realized that the door was locked? I would have panicked. It is a good thing that Nate is a handy man and knew what to do. I am sure Carter just thought you were playing another game with him. Lesson learned ......
Oh my gosh! Ben has done almost the same thing.. he learned to turn the lock on the door and one day after grocery shopping I brought him in the house then went back to get the bags and I discover the door is LOCKED... luckily I had an extra key in my car... I dont know what I wouldve done!! These little boys def. keep us on our toes!
well Kaitlyn locked me out of the apartment with Kamryn inside when we moved here. I had to run down to the office and get the extra key,,, that was a stress.
Post a Comment