Sunday, June 7, 2009

It is done

Ok, so it is finally done. With busy schedule and working around fishing trips we finally got some plants planted in our garden. We know it is way late in the season, but we will get the practice and probably be able to make some killer salsa. Nate did an awesome job in putting the box together and perfecting the watering, and not it is my turn to see if we can get anything to grow. I have never done this before so we will see what happens.

Since it is so late in the season our box isn't full, but we planted what we could get. We have 2 different basil plants, 3 tomato, and 2 pepper. One of the tomato was the one that I had planted in a pot for a Family Home Evening to get us motivated to do a garden and it has already produced 2 ripe tomatoes and was a couple little green ones coming. WE CAN DO THIS!



Watering system



5 comments:

Aimee said...

Yeah for you! Honestly, my mouth is watering just looking at that tomato! I am on my way over ...

Marilee said...

You two are amazing! You get an idea and you go for it FULL FORCE!
I am impressed-----

Sheila said...

Your garden looks awesome! I love the watering system. I'm the watering system for our garden. I have green tomatoes on our plants. We are very excited to watch everything grow. Keep us posted on the progress.

Unknown said...

Way to go! That looks like a lot of work, but it'll be fun!!! I really want to do that.. maybe next year you guys can help us build one ;) Keep us updated on your gardening skills!

Janelle said...

That thing looks pretty intense. Hope the food is coming out strong! You guys are pretty handy!