Thursday, September 3, 2009

Golden Spoon

After a long day of working in the yard, we usually decide to pick something up TOGO since neither one of us has energy to make anything. On such an occasion, we were sitting in the car waiting for the time when our order would be done and I noticed something a few doors down. I jumped out and told Nate I would be right back. I returned with this:


I have not seen a Golden Spoon in years and Nate made fun of me for doing this, but I had to take pictures and post about it. Golden spoon was such a big part of my life, back in the day. It was the place you went after the Friday night football game, a place to just hang out, and a place to get some yummy yogurt (for just a dollar I might add). I got Mint and it was yummy!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I love Golden Spoon...vanilla with raspberries on top. I haven't seen that for years. Thanks for triggery some great, tasty memories. Ashton loved to get one at the mall when she was little. She always had gummy bears on top.

Marilee said...

WOW! I thought that place was out of business. The container looks the same. I hope the yummy stuff inside the container takes just as good as it did years ago. Is it close to your house???????

Aimee said...

How funny! I also thought Golden Spoon was long gone. I had some fun memories there too. I wish they would come back. Next time we are at your house we need to go.

Janelle said...

Golden Spoon just screams - "After BHS Football Game Party"

Everyone would go there, man, I would get half choc/mint with half cookie dough and half sprinkles on top. Gross I know, but it was tasty.

Wow, we loved that place so much! I miss it. What a fun memory moment. You're going to fill up your punch card in no time!

Mike said...

That's it, I'm going to look for some ice cream. That post made me hungry!