Monday, May 31, 2010

Our Garden

I have to admit that I have not been the "Gardener" that I am suppose to be. The deal was that Nate would build the garden and help plant and I was to maintain it, and know what to do with it. I took a little gardening class to help my understanding of how to grow a garden in the desert, which helped, but it did not motivate me enough to do what I said I would to. But despite my lack of effort we do have an outstanding Garden and Nate has become quite the green thumb. This year we got started early and even planed some plants from seed. We have already been able to enjoy some of our tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, green pepper, and green onion. We are soon going to have tomatoes growing out our ears. We wanted to try lots of different kinds of tomatoes and I think we have 7 - 10 tomato plants. We also planted basil, peas, red peppers, jalapenos, zucchini and watermelon. Now that it is getting so hot it will be interesting to see what will last.





Anyway I wanted to put a little shout out for Nate and all his hard work. The construction, maintenance, de-bugging and hard work is greatly appreciated. Carter too has become quite the green thumb with his own gloves and tools to help daddy.

3 comments:

Marilee said...

WOW! That is a garden!!!!! I am very impressed----that is not a passion for me, but I am glad you guys love growing, taking care, and eating it. YEA Nate.

Kristin said...

Thats amazing!! I really would love to have a garden.. but like you kind of lack the motivation! Great job Nathan and Carter! Have you guys tried Cilantro? I would love to grow that!

Grandma H. said...

It takes a lot of work to grow veggies. You have an advantage with your long spring and summer. Here itis the first of June and I am still struggling to get my yard looking presentable. It wears me out I am so slow......