Saturday, June 12, 2010
Welcome to Reality
Well Grandma Jo went home on Thursday and it was time for us to get use to what reality had in store for us. We were all concerned about me getting up during the night and then having to wake with Carter at 5am. We got Carter to bed at a reasonable time and then got Addie fed and in bed. Around 1:00 I woke up because Addison was fussing and as I sat up I say Carter's little head climbing up on to our bed. He was buck naked and said that his pants were wet. Now if any of you know Nate, you know that he does not do well with out sleep, so I have been doing the night shifts 100%, so it took a lot for me to ask him for help. He got up with Carter to see what was going on and I took care of Addie. Carter had thrown up everywhere. Nate and him cleaned up and got him back to bed, and I got Addie changed and back down. Then around 3 I don't know if i heard something or just had mommy intuition, but I sat up and Carter is at our bedroom door saying he has to go to the bathroom, however he was already going. So I got him cleaned up and back in bed. Lucky for us Carter slept in until 7:45, but it was quite a "first night" for all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm so sorry! It will get better I promise! Just try to lay low for awhile, and don't worry about trying to be super mom and do everything yourself. For me the hardest adjustment was going from one kid to two. Just remember that if they are fed, clothed and loved you've had a good day. Showering is optional! I'm thinking about you!
Congrats on your sweet baby girl. She is so pretty! Those first nights while everyone gets adjusted are crazy. Good luck and enjoy!
It does get better, but it takes awhile. I hope Carter is feeling better.
Post a Comment