The weekend after mom, Aimee and Tuscanee left our little family headed up to Greer Arizona for a weekend of cooler air, beautiful mountains and fishing for Nate. We went up with some friends and had a great weekend. I dropped Nate off at the river at 2:30 on Friday and I did not see him again until Saturday night around 7. OK not really, but he was basically fishing from sun up to sun down. Carter absolutely loved being outside and running around. It was so nice to be out doors in the fresh cool air. We were able to venture down to the river with Nate and watch him fish for a bit. It was so exciting to watch him land a fish. Saturday night we were outside talking and Nate looked up and about 30 feet in front of us in our front yard was a huge Elk. It was so amazing to see it so close. We had a great weekend!
On our way back home we stopped at a creek that Nate had heard about to check it out. Nate was only planning on fishing for an hour or so. We got there at about 1:30 and did not leave until 5:15. He was having an incredible time and caught some great fish. Carter and I had a great time watching him and playing by the creek. I am so glad Nate has a new hobby he loves, but I am afraid I may have lost him to a trout.
Okay, every time you make a post like this, I always think back to that one conversation we had where you said that you and Nate just stay home every weekend and don't ever do anything fun. You are so full of it ;)! I'm going to start stalking you (for real, not just your blog), so we can tag along on your adventures. Btw, loved the video -- Nate is so funny.
How fun! I am glad that you are done with Primary stuff and you can relax for a minute. Did Nate grow that scruff just for the pictures? Tell him he looks like a real fisherman now! Hey are you guys heading up to SLC for Christmas? Let me know cause we will be there the whole month of Dec. and I'm dying to get together!
OK, Nathan, let's get this straight!!!!! You will NOT leave your wife for a fish! Keep repeating that over and over again. Looks like this hobby has taken over his life. Carter is the cutest little boy in the world!!!! Grandma loves you.
Wow! That was one serious fish! Great catch. Did you release it or eat it? Cindi, you need to get your fishing pole going and give Nate some competition.
Nate .... I am JEALOUS! I want/need to stay at X Diamond Ranch. I can't imagine how hard Mr. Trout hit. I would have lost him for sure. He would have broken my line or I would have been able to catch a glimpse of him and then he would have gotten off. Mr. Trout looked amazing. I am a little disappointed that you couldn't hold on to him better. I seem to recall someone making fun of me as I tried to hold on to my fishee. Next time don't let him flop around on the ground. ;)
What a beautiful place to be. I may have to fly out and leave Tuscanee with Cindi so you and I can go fishing. It looks like I now have to beat your record. I thought MY record was good ....
I second the video, I don't know if I would want Mike to help me land the fish either ......
Love the post. Looking at the pictures is making me itch to do some fishing with my favorite brother in law.
I can forsee a family reunion in Arizona next year!!!!
I love: my family, being a mom, eating ice cream, trying out new recipes, puppies, sunrise/sunsets, walking, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, Cookbooks, "25", The Today Show, Food Network, sea glass, reading a good book, a day at the lake, a good restaurant, going on vacation, exercising, dilly dallying, dark chocolate, Arizona, blueberries, mornings, Utah Mountains, giggles, running....
7 comments:
Okay, every time you make a post like this, I always think back to that one conversation we had where you said that you and Nate just stay home every weekend and don't ever do anything fun. You are so full of it ;)! I'm going to start stalking you (for real, not just your blog), so we can tag along on your adventures.
Btw, loved the video -- Nate is so funny.
How fun! I am glad that you are done with Primary stuff and you can relax for a minute. Did Nate grow that scruff just for the pictures? Tell him he looks like a real fisherman now! Hey are you guys heading up to SLC for Christmas? Let me know cause we will be there the whole month of Dec. and I'm dying to get together!
OK, Nathan, let's get this straight!!!!! You will NOT leave your wife for a fish! Keep repeating that over and over again. Looks like this hobby has taken over his life. Carter is the cutest little boy in the world!!!! Grandma loves you.
We loved (Benjamin and I) watching that fish catching video. That was a big fish!
There were some cute "Andy Griffith and Opie" pictures in that post.
Wow! That was one serious fish! Great catch. Did you release it or eat it? Cindi, you need to get your fishing pole going and give Nate some competition.
Cute pics of Carter! Nate, Aimee is getting jealous...you'll have to go fishing with her again.
Nate .... I am JEALOUS! I want/need to stay at X Diamond Ranch. I can't imagine how hard Mr. Trout hit. I would have lost him for sure. He would have broken my line or I would have been able to catch a glimpse of him and then he would have gotten off. Mr. Trout looked amazing. I am a little disappointed that you couldn't hold on to him better. I seem to recall someone making fun of me as I tried to hold on to my fishee. Next time don't let him flop around on the ground. ;)
What a beautiful place to be. I may have to fly out and leave Tuscanee with Cindi so you and I can go fishing. It looks like I now have to beat your record. I thought MY record was good ....
I second the video, I don't know if I would want Mike to help me land the fish either ......
Love the post. Looking at the pictures is making me itch to do some fishing with my favorite brother in law.
I can forsee a family reunion in Arizona next year!!!!
Post a Comment