Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Mother's day to me!!!

All weekend Carter had played and played and played with Grandma and Elle, so when we got home from our Backpacking trip, he was a grump box. He wasn't the best in sacrament and He almost fell asleep in the car on the way to church at 8:30am. They all came home to put Carter and Elle down and I stayed at church to do my thing. He slept for about 1 1/2 hours and then they left to go to the airport. When Nate and Carter got back we played for a bit and opened some more birthday presents. Around 3pm he was just being grumpy, so I decided he needed another nap. I put him down and he fussed just a bit and then was out. He usually eats dinner around 5:30pm and then to bed around 7:30pm. At about 5pm I asked Nate if we should get him up so he would still go to bed at night. Neither one of us wanted to bother him and thought he would get up soon. At 6 I went in to check on him and he was breathing heavy and out. I decided that I would just let him sleep and hope that he would sleep through the night and if not, I would be willing to get up with him in the middle of the night. We did not hear from him again until 5:30 am. He slept almost 15 hours. The first thing he wanted to do when he woke up was eat some pan cakes. I am so glad that I let him sleep because he obviously needed it. Happy Mother's day to me!!!

4 comments:

Marilee said...

I just can't believe he slept that long. Amazing! I am glad he is back to his happy self. Happy Mother's Day to you!!!!

Janelle said...

That's crazy! We did that a few nights ago too, I always get nervous they're going to get hungry or something... but Kamryn went down at 6 pm and up at 8:30 am. It was a blessed event!

Mike said...

I can't believe he slept that long! When Aimee told me that you were going to let him keep sleeping, I thought it would backfire. Good job Carter for sleeping so long! I hope you had a great Mother's day. We think you are a fabulous mother, sister and aunt!

Aimee said...

I still can't believe he slept through the night. I am glad you had a great Mother's Day, you deserve it. I love you and I am glad we are sisters. You are the best Mom to Carter and Nate.