Friday we headed up to Sedona to a awesome Bed and Breakfast. It was about 3 miles up Oak Canyon right next the the river. Great service and beautiful green area and you would never know it was right off the highway. We had a cute little cabin and fun deck to sit and enjoy the beauty around us. Nate headed out to the river to do a little fishing while the rest of us went to the store to get some food. Carter bonded quickly with Papa and Nana, but really took to Papa. Any time he could not see Papa he would put his little hand up to his mouth and yell "PAPA". It was so cute. Nate got back from fishing and caught some good ones.
The B&B also had a little meadow that they had 3 sheep, a mommy and 2 babies. This is the face Carter gave every time he heard them BAA. He was not the biggest fan especially when the
baby's got out of their pen, the mom would BAA like crazy.
Saturday Nate got up early for a date with the fish. It was also his birthday so we were glad he was doing what he loves. The B&B offered breakfast so Papa, Nana, Carter and I headed in for breakfast on the patio by the creek. It was yummy food and so nice to be outside. Nate came back and joined us. Nate had a good morning of fishing and was ready for breakfast. We headed into town to check it out and look through the shops. Carter was ready for a nap, so we put him down and Nate and I headed off to catch some more fish. I enjoy going with him, because it is so beautiful and peaceful and I love watching him in his passion. I took tons of pictures, almost steeped on a snake and discovered that snakes can swim underwater! It was a fun day.
It was so nice of Nana and Papa to watch Carter while we enjoyed time together. Nana is so cute and brought tons of fun things for Carter to do. They colored, had fun with stickers, played with beads and read lots of fun books.
We drove the jeep up to Sedona so we could enjoy some of the great jeeping spots. All 5 of us ventured over to Broken Arrow trail to jeep Devils Staircase. It was fun and scary all at the same time. Nate was loving it, Joan not so much!
Sunday we enjoyed the yummy breakfast again and enjoyed a few hours of relaxation. Before we headed out we went over to Slide Rock to show it off. It is a part of the river where the rocks are like little water slides. We have never done it before, but it looks fun. We all took our shoes off (with the help of Carter) and felt the cold water. Carter had fun tip toeing around. Carter fell asleep the second we got in the car to drive home. He pretty much slept until we got to the airport (2 hours). He did not want to say good bye because he had so much fun.
Thanks Rick and Joan for coming to visit and spend time with Us.



4 comments:
looks like such a fun weekend getaway... nice and relaxing.. besides the devils staircase... AAHH!!! My favorite picture is of all the boys reading... so cute!!!
I posted a comment yesterday and I don't know where it went! What happens to 'lost' emails, blog postings, and other techy things?
I love the beautiful pictures. I am glad you all had fun. I, also, loved the reading picture. Have fun this weekend backpacking. You and Nate are a real "NATURE" couple. I wonder if it is because your last name is GREEN! HeHeHe
We drove through Sedona on our way out of Arizona in December. We thought it would be a cool place to stay and from your pictures we were thinking right. It looks like such a neat place to visit. One day we will have to go back and stay for a while.
What a fun weekend. I love all the pictures. I am sure Carter LOVED having all the attention on him. The fishing pictures are absolutly beautiful. The look on Carter's face is priceless when he was looking at the sheepies. I hope one day we can go to Sedona together.
Post a Comment