Sunday, January 25, 2009

My wonderful Husband


I am having a really hard time getting a youth babysitter to watch Carter for Nate and I to go out, so anytime we have family come into town we take advantage of an evening out. My mom came into town this week to play so we planned on Friday night for us to go to dinner and a movie. Thursday so a rough day for Nate. He did not sleep well and he had a lot of stressful things going on. Friday he had really bad Heart burn, having flu like symptoms, and did not sleep well. So we decided that we would just go to dinner because he would not be able to sit through a movie. We went and got Sushi and all Nate could eat was a small bowl of soup. He just was not feeling well. We left there and decided to just go walk around the mall. However Nate kept on driving past the mall entrance. I asked him where we were going and he said that we were going to get ice cream. So I thought OK. Then he turned on the freeway to head towards Tucson. We never go that way, so I knew something was up. He unfolded his sneakiness to me. My birthday is next week and He had planned a weekend at a local resort. We went to the Gila River Wildhorse Pass Resort. It was so nice. However as we got out of the car to walk up to the check in area, Nate dropped our bags and walked to the side of the path and threw up. He happened to grab a plastic bag that was in our car just in case. I don't think I have ever seen in throw up in the almost 7 years that we have been married. I felt so bad and said that we should see if we can get a refund, because it is never fun being sick somewhere else. He said that he felt so much better now and was good to go. So we checked in and had a great weekend. When Nate first told me we were going to be away for the weekend my first thought was that I was going to miss Carter, but Nate had already thought of that and My mom and Carter joined us the next day for breakfast at my favorite restaurant, Wildflower Bread Company and then played with us all day at the resort. They had some heated pools and a water slide that was lots of fun. It was a beautiful day and perfect laying out by the pool.

Carter and Grandma left to head home and I went and got a River Rock Pedicure. It was so wonderful. My legs have been aching from all my running so it was perfect. This morning we slept in until 9:15am. It has been years since we have slept in that late. It was great. We walked along the resort and river and just enjoyed the beautiful day. It was a perfect weekend and I thank Nate for planning it all and thinking of me and to Grandma for playing with Carter and taking care of him so well.

9 comments:

Janelle said...

Poor Nate! I can't believe he was so sick and then got better with one heave. He is great to plan for your birthday. He's a good surpriser indeed. Glad you didn't have to miss your Carter boy.

Cindi said...

It was a good plan for all of us. The two (Nate and Cindi) got to be together without any interruption. Carter and I got to be together without any parental interruption. It was a great weekend for all of us. I am getting ready to leave for the airport and already have tears in my eyes. It has been a wonderful trip and now back to the cold and snow! Yuck! xoxoxoxoxo Grandma

Grandma H. said...

I do not understand how others can plan surprises and they work out at the end. How nice of Nate.
Glad that Ga Ga was there to help. I'm curious as to how Marilee got to the resort???

Kristin said...

How Romantic!!! I was wondering where you were on Sunday! Glad you had a good weekend and it wasn't ruined with sickness! !!

Mike said...

We knew about this in advance and I'm glad it all worked out. To answer Elaine's question, Nate had a GPS set up in the car that led Marilee from the house to the resort with no probs!

I'm glad it went well Cindi. You deserved some time away for your birthday. Happy Birthday a few days early!

Kristin said...

What a great surprize for you Cindi! And grandmas are the best they take such good care of their grandchildren.

Aimee said...

Yea for surprises! I like being in on the know. Good job Nate! I am sorry you were sick but I hope you enjoyed some time away. Happy early birthday Cindi loo hoo. I love you!

Grandma H. said...

How do we learn to use a GPS.....jus another one of those objects that are supposed to make life easier. I do not follow directions no matter who tells them...

Aimee said...

I love the new pictures of your adventure. Mike and I love Carter and his new hat!