I received a message for a friend of a friend saying she had a question for me about running. I thought to myself, "well I like running, but I don't know if I am the one to answer running questions." I called her back not thinking I could really help her out. She said that she was actually seeing If I would be interested in running in a race. They needed 12 total people and only had like 9 at the time. I told her that I would think about it and get back to her. The race is called the Del Sol Ragnar Relay. There are 12 team members that each run 3 legs ranging between 3-8 miles each. The race totals 182 and starts in the AM on Friday and ends in the evening on Saturday. I have seen info about this race and have always thought it would be interesting and fun. I would say that I am healthy and probably run 5 miles a week at the gym, but no where near being able to run this kind of race.
The next day after she called, and went out for a run to see how many miles I could do and how I felt. I could only do 1 1/2 and then had to walk some and did another 1. I was also pushing Carter in the stroller. I figured with some training I could do it. I thought about it some more and talked to Nate and then called her back and said I would do it. I met with all the ladies the other night and they gave out the running course for each person. My first leg is 7.1 miles (very hard), 2nd leg 7.8 miles(very Hard) and 3rd leg 3.8 miles (easy). ( i am lucky enough to get the finish line leg) When i got my course I thought to myself "What did I get myself into". the most I have ever run at one time is 6.2 miles. I am going to need to seriously kick my butt into gear. The race is Feb. 27 -28, so say a little prayer for me that my legs will keep moving and finish the race. I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Wow Cindi, I am way impressed. To take on something where you actually have to train and set goals... that is very good work. You are pinned down and now have to be very dedicated. I sure hope you can accomplish everything. Someday I might want to do something ambitious like you. It would be nice.Can't wait to see your results.
I know you will do it because you are so determined and "controlled". I have been using the word controlled a lot this week while I have been here. Cindi is patient, controlled, and on top of things!!!!! I will be cheering for you-----xoxoxoxoxo MOM
The whole experience makes me shiver with terror. Good luck and I admire you for your dedication. It is ok with me if you decide to change your mind. Your well-being is your first priority.
Sounds awesome. It's great to have goals and always good to have fitness goals--helps keep you motivated. Sounds like you're going to be putting in the miles. Good luck and can't wait to see the end results. You'll have fun. Remember to feed your body food--you're going to be burning tons of calories!
Good luck. I'm impressed that you are doing this...I HATE running!
Wow, I would have to train just to run a mile. Good luck and good running.
That looks like the funnest race. Hope it goes well. I'm jealous.
You can do this Cindi! You have amazing determination. We will be cheering you on from Utah. Remind Nate that after the race you will expect a massage.
Aimee, You wont need to worry about her reminding me about a massage, I get a reminder every day she runs, I am in need of a massage from giving massages.
Post a Comment