On Wednesday Carter and I went to Target to get a few things. I usually don't ever look at the clothing for Carter, because he just does not need anything and the girl stuff is always cuter. So anyway, I ventured over to their sale rack and found this cute little button up plaid shirt that was only $4 and too cute to pass up. I looked at the hangers and found one that said 18 months and through it in my basket. 18 months is still a little big for him now, but it will give him room to grow. I got home and just put it in a pile of things to take back to Carters room. I did not even look at it. So Friday, I thought it would be cute to wear that shirt. After lunch I changed him out of his PJ's. I put his shorts on and then got Carters arms through the sleeves. I began buttoning his shirt while I was trying to keep him in one spot. I though, "wow he must have had a lot to eat, because his tummy was sticking out and a little snug around the shirt. I got it all buttoned up and let him loose to play. I kept looking at him and thinking something was off. I looked at the tag that I pulled off the shirt already and it said 3 months. I did not believe it and then looked at the tag on the shirt and it said the same thing, 3 months. I was surprised that it fit him so well. I would not have been able to button the top button and it was a tiny bit short, but other than that it looked ok.This just confirmed even more that he needs to eat more. So I took it off and will throw it in the box of 3 month cloths for the next one to be able to wear. The moral of the story is..... always look at the tag on the clothing for the true size.




5 comments:
oh my gosh, that is too funny! i can't believe that it fit him. he really doesn't look that small! my kids have such chubby arms that that would have been the giveaway -- i can't even fit their arms in the 18 month pj's.
too cute!
Cute shirt on a cute boy! He is just fine! Look at his mommy and daddy! The whole family eats just enough!
I can't believe he fits in a 3 month shirt. Um ... isn't he 16 months now :) You did find a cute shirt though. I find that Target clothes always run small .... funny story. By the way, when is his next appointment, I can't remember.
Don't listen to Grandma on this one...we're talking about someone that is lucky to eat once a day! Funny story! That would NEVER have worked with Tuscanee!
Bren and I got a chuckle over this one! What a crazy thing to get it home and be 3 month.. ha ha
Post a Comment