Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yummy

Well my wonderful sister sent me this recipe last week, so I thought I would try it out. I think it actually came from my cousins ward cookbook. It is super easy and pretty good. Nate even asked for it for lunch today, so that is saying something. Enjoy.

Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Italiano

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup water
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (4oz) can mushroom pieces, drained

Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine the dressing and water. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Combine the cream cheese and cream of mushroom soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour or until juices run clear from the chicken. Serve over rice or noodles.  -- After if was done cooking and I took our chicken out, I stirred the cream mixture in a little to thin it out an mix the flavors.--

3 comments:

Marilee said...

sounds good---way too much for little old me. It would be in the fridge forever as leftovers. see you soon!!!!

Janelle said...

I've made that one before too. super easy! and delish

Sheila said...

I finally got around to making this for the family. I always ask them if I should "file it" when I make a new recipe. I'm happy to report that it get filed (in the recipe box). Thanks for sharing. I look forward to more recipe sharing down the road.